How to take CARE of your Permanent Make Up LIPS
Are you planning a permanent make up treatment for your lips or have you recently had yours pigmented?
We’ll tell you everything you need to know in order to have a stress-free healing process and to enjoy your beautifully pigmented lips for a long time.
PMU Lips CARE
PMU Lips CARE
What should I expect in the studio right after my treatment? Which care products are given to me and which ones should I buy in advance (i.e. from a pharmacy)?
DIRECTLY after the treatment
Immediately after lip pigmentation, we apply an antiseptic product, a wound gel that protects and disinfects the pigmented area, which is now particularly sensitive (similar to a slight abrasion). We then recommend using a cotton swab to apply a protective care once a day, such as SKIN SAVER GEL with MicroSilver BG (TM) additionally helping protect and heal.
ON THE DAY OF AND
DIRECTLY AFTER PIGMENTATION
- do not eat any oily, fatty or spicy foods (including oily salad dressing, pizza, curry, chili etc.!)
- do not use care products, especially none that you already used
DURING THE ENTIRE HEALING PROCESS
In the 3-5 days after pigmentation, it is essential to use a new, non-greasy or oily, lip care product such as SKIN SAVER GEL and/or Shea Lip Balm or Vitamn E Cream. For about two weeks, refrain from using lipstick or lip gloss, especially products with shimmer or glitter particles. Shimmering and glittering particles may irritate the skin and are harder to wash off on the sensitive skin. In addition, until the lips aren’t fully healed it is important to use new lip care products as products that you have previously used have already come in contact with bacteria that may lead to inflammation on freshly pigmented lips.
THE FIRST 3 DAYS
In the 3 days after pigmentation, please avoid:
- Sweating (sauna, sports etc.)
- Greasy or oily care products
- (Intensive) sun exposure (also solarium)
- Makeup (lipstick, lip gloss, lip tint, lip care, contour pencil etc.)
AFTER 3 DAYS
After about 3 days, your lips may look dry and possibly flaky. Important: do not peel or exfoliate. Allowing your lips to go through the natural healing process undisturbed will give the skin time to allow the pigments to “settle” and heal the pigmentation as evenly as possible.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY:
- Makeup (lipstick, lip gloss, lip tint, contour pencils and especially products with shimmer or glitter particles, etc.)
- Oil based products
AFTER 2 WEEKS
After about 2 weeks, the healing process is usually completed and you can have your touch up appointment.
Things to remember for a long wear of your permanent make up lips.
- Do not use scrubs.
- Always wear sun protection with high SPF, especially on your lips.
- Keep in mind that salty and chlorinated water will stimulate the fading process.
- Anything that speeds up the skin renewal process also speeds up the fading of the pigments in the skin.
- Remember your check-in and control date about 2 – 4 weeks after the initial pigmentation.
- The touch-up after 2 weeks ensures that eventual colour loss is controlled and the permanent make-up pigments are better fixed in the skin.
- Schedule a refresh appointment about once a year to check the colour and shape, adjust if necessary, but in any case to compensate for the fade of colour.
- Please wait 4 – 6 weeks after the last re-touch until any planned injections and inform your doctor that your lips have been pigmented.
Discover our LOOKBOOK
See BEFORE / AFTER results,
which can be achieved with our technology and pigments.
Did you know that …
LONG-TIME-LINER® is famous for its pigments?
Our pigmentation colours
- are used worldwide in over forty countries
- are based on over 30 years of pmu expertise
- are produced in Germany according to EU directives
- have perfect coverage, excellent colour brilliance and stability
- have a low allergy potential
- are animal cruelty-free
Did you know that …
our micropigmentation devices are among the highest quality on the market?
Our pmu devices
- pigment with absolute precision
- allow for a particularly skin-friendly pigmentation
- ensure an exact needle guidance
- contour and shade very gently
- deposit the pigmentation colour evenly into the skin
- support a short healing process
More about Long-Time-Liner
Are you interested in a permanent make-up?
Contact our Beauty Institute in Munich at:
You already pigment and
would like to start a training or further education?
Under the following link you can find out about our entire TÜV certified training program: