How to take CARE of your Permanent Make Up EYEBROWS
Are you planning a permanent make up treatment for your eyebrows or have you recently had yours pigmented?
We’ll tell you everything you need to know in order to have a stress-free healing process and to enjoy your beautifully pigmented eyebrows for a long time.
PMU eyebrow CARE
What should I expect in the studio right after my treatment? Which care products are given to me and which ones should I buy in advance (i.e from a pharmacy)?
DIRECTLY after the treatment
Immediately after an eyebrow pigmentation, we apply a product such as Tyrosur® (pharmacy). It is a wound healing gel that protects and disinfects the pigmented area – which is now sensitive to external stimuli (comparable to a slight abrasion, but so light that no crust forms). Ideally, you should use this product 3 times a day for three days.
THE FIRST 3 DAYS
In the 3 days after pigmentation, please avoid the following in the area of pigmentation:
- Intensive washing, especially with washing substances (soaps, shower gel, harsh cleansers)
- Sweating (sauna, sports etc.)
- Greasy or oily care products
- (Intensive) sun exposure (also solarium)
- Makeup (Foundation, Powder etc.)
AFTER 3 DAYS
After about 3 days, the skin of the pigmented area will look a bit dry. Important: do not peel or exfoliate. Allowing your eyebrows to go through the natural healing process undisturbed will give the skin time to allow the pigments to “settle” and heal the pigmentation as evenly as possible.
After the 3 days, you can use skin care products again, but please also be sure to continue to consider all of the above recommendations until the skin cells heal (duration usually up to 2 weeks). Please use care products only very thinly. Your Linergist® will gladly recommend suitable care products (such as our Vitamin E Cream).
AFTER 2 WEEKS
After about 2 weeks, the healing process is usually completed and you can have your touch up appointment.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU:
- Use care products with acids (AHA acids, fruit acids)
- Apply scrubs
Things to remember for a long wear of your permanent make up eyebrows.
- Refrain from using scrubs, especially exfoliants with acids and harsh particles
- Be very careful with treatments such as microdermabrasion
- Always wear sun protection with high SPF, especially on your brow area
- Avoid direct sunlight as much as possible
- Anything that speeds up the skin renewal process also speeds up the fading of the pigments in the skin
- Remember your check-in and touch up date about 2 – 4 weeks after the initial pigmentation
- The touch up ensures that colour fading is controlled and the permanent make up pigments are better fixed in the skin
- Schedule a touch up about once a year to check the colour and shape, adjust if necessary, but in any case to compensate for the fading of colour
PMU eyebrows BEFORE / AFTER
– Before –
– After –
Did you know that …
LONG-TIME-LINER® is famous for its pigments?
Our pigmentation colours
- are used worldwide in over forty countries
- are based on over 30 years of pmu expertise
- are produced in Germany according to EU directives
- have perfect coverage, excellent colour brilliance and stability
- have a low allergy potential
- are animal cruelty-free
Did you know that …
our micropigmentation devices are among the highest quality on the market?
Our pmu devices
- pigment with absolute precision
- allow for a particularly skin-friendly pigmentation
- ensure an exact needle guidance
- contour and shade very gently
- deposit the pigmentation colour evenly into the skin
- support a short healing process
More about Long-Time-Liner
Are you interested in a permanent make-up?
Contact our Beauty Institute in Munich at:
You already pigment and
would like to start a training or further education?
Under the following link you can find out about our entire TÜV certified training program: