Are you planning a permanent make up treatment or have you been recently pigmented?
We’ll tell you everything you need to know in order to enjoy your permanent make up for a long time. In addition to the usual care routine, here are some special summer tips you should pay special attention to.
Photo: iStock @Ridofranz
PMU Protection in the Summer
Summer, sun, beach and sea …
Maybe you are looking forward to the upcoming coming sunbathing season or you’ve planned a beach vacation to escape winter. Your PMU eyebrows sit perfectly, your smudge-proof eyeliner can easily withstand water-skiing adventures, and your everlasting lip color lets you look fresh and well-groomed day and night.
Unfortunately, fun in the sun and salty or chlorinated water comes with reactions to your PMU that you should consider.
How to protect your PMU
SPF is a must
Naturally, products with SPF are always recommended, especially in the summer and especially on pigmented skin.
- Use at least SPF 50 on pigmented areas
- If swimming, always use water-resistant sunscreen to protect your PMU
- Protect your face from direct sunlight as much as possible i.e with a cute wide brimmed sun hat
After swimming in the sea or pool
- Salt and chlorine have a bleaching effect on the skin, so always wash your face with fresh water
- Reapply moisturizer (with sunscreen) often, if your skin feels sore or tight, it is too dry!
- Dry off well, water on the skin acts like a magnifying glass for damaging sun rays
Always – regardless of pigmentation – avoid sunburns!
LONG-TIME-LINER® Concept PMU